Topic: netatalkd

Remi,

Any chance you could PLEASE include a build of netatalkd http://netatalk.sourceforge.net into your repo?  Although, I know I can build and install myself, it sure would be nice to have this included in the remi repos. I recommend your repos to EVERYONE. smile

I'll be watching and praying.

Thanks,
Steffan

Re: netatalkd

Really, I can't maintain all package that can exists....

I only maintain packages I use and backports of the LAMP stack (which I use and know quite well).

This package is available in fedora repository, so you can open a bug to ask the maintainer to add it to EPEL repository.

Remi.

Laptop:  Fedora 38 + rpmfusion + remi (SCL only)
x86_64 builder: Fedora 39 + rpmfusion + remi-test
aarch64 builder: RHEL 9 with EPEL
Hosting Server: CentOS 8 Stream with EPEL, rpmfusion, remi

I have requested this as you suggested but, I have a possibly stupid question. Rather than hoping someone will do that sometime soon, is there a way to get that package from Fedora to install directly via YUM into CentOS?

As EL-5 was build from fedora Core 6 sources, you have a small chance than FC6 could work.

But I think this is a bad idea.

+

This is not an easy venture I see. sad

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=669196

Remi,

Thanks, I saw you tried also to get this fixed to no avail. The package maintainer has not replied. Would a donation to your site inspire you to do maintain this package? What if I mirrored your repos or something in exchange? big_smile

Hopefully the author will respond soon.

First, you need to be patient and wait for the maintainer response.

I'm not inspire to maintain this (in EPEL) mainly because I don't use it and haven't any solution to test it and debug any possible issue.

+