Topic: Install PHP 5.X on redhat 6.3

Hello,

I must say, I am really exprimented with Debian and totally noob with REHL.

The problem is to install PHP 5.5 on REdHat 6.3 and it's not possible with php-gd else it work perfectly (have to upgrade to REHL 6.4 unfortunatly not possible in my case)

You will got these errors :

Error: Package: php-gd-5.5.6-1.el6.remi.x86_64 (remi-php55)
           Requires: libvpx.so.0()(64bit)
Error: Package: gd-last-2.1.0-1.el6.remi.x86_64 (remi)
           Requires: libtiff.so.3()(64bit)
Error: Package: php-gd-5.5.6-1.el6.remi.x86_64 (remi-php55)
           Requires: libt1.so.5()(64bit)
Error: Package: gd-last-2.1.0-1.el6.remi.x86_64 (remi)
           Requires: libvpx.so.0()(64bit)

Now I tried only to put PHP 5.4 with GD on RedHat 6.3 and I got the same problem (someone can confirm me, or I don't made the right thing ?)

More I tried to compile PHP 5.5 with the good lib for GD and I got an other problem :

configure: error: xml2-config not found. Please check your libxml2 installation.

libxml2-devel (impossible to find), and I am sure it's will be not the only one problem

This package exist on REHL 6.3 ?

More any tried to compile php 5.5 on REHL 6.3 ?

Re: Install PHP 5.X on redhat 6.3

All packages in remi repo are build against latest RHEL (currently 6.4, and I will switch soon to 6.5, waiting a little for clone to be released).

While ABI in RHEL are stable, new feature can exists (libjpeg_turbo 6.3, libpvx in 6.4, openssl 1.0.1 in 6.5, ...).
So guaranty is only that old packages (build with 6.0, 6.1, ...) still work in recent (6.4, 6.5, ...)

I don't see any reason to stay on 6.3, as using 6.5 give more fix and improvements.

It seems really strange to want the latest (aka php 5.5) but for an old distro (aka rhel-6.3).

"yum update" is the proper solution

Perhaps installing libvpx from 6.4 "could" work on 6.3. No Guaranty.

Laptop:  Fedora 38 + rpmfusion + remi (SCL only)
x86_64 builder: Fedora 39 + rpmfusion + remi-test
aarch64 builder: RHEL 9 with EPEL
Hosting Server: CentOS 8 Stream with EPEL, rpmfusion, remi

Another solution is to use php54 (official packages) which is part of RHSCL 1.0 and designed to work (build on) RHEL-6.2.

See :
http://blog.famillecollet.com/post/2013 … our-RHEL-6
http://blog.famillecollet.com/post/2013 … pour-RHSCL
http://blog.famillecollet.com/post/2013 … ollections

The problem of the distribution choice, and the things are sclerotic (for future production in big french company in CAC40, in may 2014) ! Else I go on Debian and save my time. I proposed a solution to make stuff in PHP with a nice framework in PHP 5.5 (Glial) witch use some new feature as keyword. (the others implementations are not really a problem).

Thank you, for quick answer.

Remi wrote:

Perhaps installing libvpx from 6.4 "could" work on 6.3. No Guaranty.

I tried without success

Aurélien LEQUOY wrote:

I tried without success

Nice description.

Well I tried something different and worked fine have to see if it's stable or not.

I DLed the libs from : http://rpm.pbone.net/

wget libvpx-0.9.6-1.el5.1.x86_64.rpm
rpm -i libvpx-0.9.6-1.el5.1.x86_64.rpm

wget libtiff-3.9.4-5.el6_2.x86_64.rpm
rpm -i libtiff-3.9.4-5.el6_2.x86_64.rpm

wget t1lib-devel-5.1.2-6.el6_2.1.x86_64.rpm
rpm -i t1lib-devel-5.1.2-6.el6_2.1.x86_64.rpm

wget t1lib-5.1.2-6.el6_2.1.x86_64.rpm
rpm -i t1lib-5.1.2-6.el6_2.1.x86_64.rpm

yum install php-gd

Loaded plugins: product-id, security
Setting up Install Process
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package php-gd.x86_64 0:5.5.6-1.el6.remi will be installed
--> Processing Dependency: libgd.so.3()(64bit) for package: php-gd-5.5.6-1.el6.remi.x86_64
--> Running transaction check
---> Package gd-last.x86_64 0:2.1.0-1.el6.remi will be installed
--> Finished Dependency Resolution

Dependencies Resolved

=============================================================================================================================================================================================================================================
Package                                               Arch                                                 Version                                                           Repository                                                Size
=============================================================================================================================================================================================================================================
Installing:
php-gd                                                x86_64                                               5.5.6-1.el6.remi                                                  remi-php55                                                66 k
Installing for dependencies:
gd-last                                               x86_64                                               2.1.0-1.el6.remi                                                  remi                                                     134 k

Transaction Summary
Install       2 Package(s)

Total download size: 199 k
Installed size: 640 k
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Downloading Packages:
(1/2): gd-last-2.1.0-1.el6.remi.x86_64.rpm                                                                                                                                                                            | 134 kB     00:00
(2/2): php-gd-5.5.6-1.el6.remi.x86_64.rpm                                                                                                                                                                             |  66 kB     00:00
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total                                                                                                                                                                                                        194 kB/s | 199 kB     00:01
Running rpm_check_debug
Running Transaction Test
Transaction Test Succeeded
Running Transaction
Warning: RPMDB altered outside of yum.
  Installing : gd-last-2.1.0-1.el6.remi.x86_64                                                                                                                                                                                           1/2
  Installing : php-gd-5.5.6-1.el6.remi.x86_64                                                                                                                                                                                            2/2
Installed products updated.
  Verifying  : php-gd-5.5.6-1.el6.remi.x86_64                                                                                                                                                                                            1/2
  Verifying  : gd-last-2.1.0-1.el6.remi.x86_64                                                                                                                                                                                           2/2

Installed:
  php-gd.x86_64 0:5.5.6-1.el6.remi

Dependency Installed:
  gd-last.x86_64 0:2.1.0-1.el6.remi

Complete!

libvpx-0.9.6-1.el5.1.x86_64.rpm => very bad idea to install "el5" package on "el6"... (on so using pbone is usually a very bad idea if you don't know exactly what you are downloading)

What is the problem with libvpx-0.9.0-8.el6_0, available since 2010 ?

libtiff-3.9.4-5.el6_2.x86_64.rpm => this is obvbiously a RHEL 6.2 package, latest version is 3.9.4-9.el6_3, from RHEL-6.3.
So, why do you need this old version?

t1lib-5.1.2-6.el6_2.1 => ok, this is the latest from RHEL-6.2

So, it seems all the needed dependencies are available in "official" RHEL-6.3.

9 (edited by Aurélien LEQUOY 2013-12-03 17:21:25)

I will try to update with these informations tomorow.

libvpx0-0.9.7.1-1_1.el6.x86_64.rpm => I will try with this one

Maybe I miss a repository ? (I must say I am in trouble to understand how it work in RedHat).

# yum info libvpx
Name        : libvpx
Arch        : x86_64
Version     : 0.9.0
Release     : 8.el6_0
Size        : 405 k
Repo        : installed
From repo   : rhel-x86_64-server-6

# yum info libtiff
Name        : libtiff
Version     : 3.9.4
Release     : 9.el6_3
Size        : 939 k

# yum info t1lib
Name        : t1lib
Version     : 5.1.2
Release     : 6.el6_2.1
Size        : 386 k

So, all packages from main RHEL repository.

11 (edited by Aurélien LEQUOY 2013-12-03 18:36:36)

Well, I think Alstom deliver me a custom RedHat with custom repo that's why It wasn't inside.

Sorry for this reflection, but RedHat is too difficult for me...

yum repolist
Loaded plugins: product-id, security
repo id                                                                                   repo name                                                                                                                                    status
RHEL5SOE-repo                                                                             ALSTOM RHEL5 SOE Repo                                                                                                                            27
RHEL6SOE-repo                                                                             ALSTOM RHEL6 SOE Repo                                                                                                                            30
RHELSOE-repo                                                                              ALSTOM Generic RHEL SOE Repo                                                                                                                     12
VMware-repo                                                                               VMware ESX 4.1 RHEL 6 Repo - x86_64                                                                                                              10
epel                                                                                      Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 6 - x86_64                                                                                               10,103
epel-httpd24                                                                              httpd-2.4 scl                                                                                                                                    24
php54                                                                                     PHP 5.4 Software Collection for RHEL                                                                                                            117
php55                                                                                     PHP 5.5 Software Collection for RHEL                                                                                                            115
remi                                                                                      Les RPM de remi pour Enterprise Linux 6 - x86_64                                                                                              1,322
remi-debuginfo                                                                            Les RPM de remi pour Enterprise Linux 6 - x86_64 - debuginfo                                                                                    131
remi-php55                                                                                Les RPM de remi de PHP 5.5 pour Enterprise Linux 6 - x86_64                                                                                     235
remi-php55-debuginfo                                                                      Les RPM de remi de PHP 5.5 pour Enterprise Linux 6 - x86_64 - debuginfo                                                                         131
remi-test                                                                                 Les RPM de remi en test pour Enterprise Linux 6 - x86_64                                                                                         21
remi-test-debuginfo                                                                       Les RPM de remi en test pour Enterprise Linux 6 - x86_64 - debuginfo                                                                              5
rhel-source                                                                               Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6Server - x86_64 - Source                                                                                                0

Now i need to install rhel-x86_64-server-6, get same problem with mysql 5.5

14 (edited by Aurélien LEQUOY 2013-12-05 15:47:31)

how add this repo ? ( rhel-x86_64-server-6)

got many other trouble with other software who should be there in standard (like mysql, samba, etc...)

rhel-x86_64-server-6 is the standard official base repository which is available by default on all RHEL installations (with a valid subscription).