Topic: php-curl on Centos 5.5

Hello,

I'm having a problem similar to this topic (http://forums.famillecollet.com/viewtopic.php?id=825)

I've installed PHP 5.4.30 from the remi repo, but I'm getting errors with curl, specifically it seems to be with openldap. The OS is Centos 5.5.

I have the following package versions installed, which seem to be high enough according to the last linked post:

# rpm -q php libcurl curl
php-5.4.30-1.el5.remi
libcurl-7.21.7-5.el5.remi.2
curl-7.15.5-9.el5

I still get the following from PHP:

# php -i |grep -i curl
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/modules/curl.so' - /usr/lib/libcurl.so.4: undefined symbol: ldap_init_fd in Unknown on line 0
/etc/php.d/curl.ini

Am I missing something?

Many thanks for the repos, they have helped me out a lot!

Re: php-curl on Centos 5.5

Same answer: "So, I think you need, at least version >= 2.3.43-12.5"

Tested on CentOS 5.8 (a very old not-updated VM) it works, with openldap-2.3.43-25.el5_8.1
Tested on CentOS 5.10 (current) it works, with openldap-2.3.43-28.el5_10

The RPM available in my repo are build against latest EL-5.10, so I cannot warranty they can work with any previous version.

So : "yum update"

Laptop:  Fedora 38 + rpmfusion + remi (SCL only)
x86_64 builder: Fedora 39 + rpmfusion + remi-test
aarch64 builder: RHEL 9 with EPEL
Hosting Server: CentOS 8 Stream with EPEL, rpmfusion, remi

Hmm, this host has this version of openldap installed - 2.4.19-1eapps. It appears to be a backport from FC12, and non-standard with Centos 5.5 - but as it's higher than 2.3.43-12.5, I would have thought it would work?

Or, by assuming,  am I making an ASS out of U and ME smile ?

Thanks

Jerry

I can't say anything about 2.4.19-1eapps, but obviously, it doesn't export the expected symbol. And php is built with (and expect) 2.3.43-28.el5_10

Laptop:  Fedora 38 + rpmfusion + remi (SCL only)
x86_64 builder: Fedora 39 + rpmfusion + remi-test
aarch64 builder: RHEL 9 with EPEL
Hosting Server: CentOS 8 Stream with EPEL, rpmfusion, remi

OK, thanks very much for the info..