1 (edited by bowlesj 2015-02-25 10:58:17)

Topic: no php.common found during phpMyAdmin install

Hi,

I am preparing to bring my first and only website up to a new CentOS 5 VSP site and test them.
I did my very first yum install of PHP.5.5.22 on a CentOS 5 system after removing PHP 5.3.
I obtained the repository from the remi site under "Enterprise Linux 5 (with EPEL) i386 or x86_64"
I ran the install with 'yum update -y' in error and nothing happened.
So I did an install with 'Yum install PHP' if I remember correctly.
The install of PHP.5.5.22 went well. It pulls up the php info page and can call a simple php script.
I think MySql got upgraded from remi to 5.9 during the 'yum update -y' command.
Apache had been installed earlier (not sure if it changed version - I could check).
However when I used yum to install phpMyAdmin it said it could not find the php.common dependency.
So I decided to choose the first option and ignore it for the time being.
I had to comment out two sets of ip address code in the phpMyAdmin config file to get it to run.
At first it would not take the root password so I changed it in MySqlAdmin and then phpMyAdmin took the password.
Being concerned about the php.common error I tried a php mysql function test to see if php could find the mysql function and it could. I don't have that test with me right now. I will get it later and update this post. It basically said php could find mySql
I also tried "yum install php.common" and it said there was nothing to do. Maybe my command is wrong.
The question is should I be concerned and also is there a test I should do to decide if I should install more.

Thanks,
John

Re: no php.common found during phpMyAdmin install

Hard to help, please post the full yum command used and its output.

There is no php.common, only php-common

Laptop:  Fedora 38 + rpmfusion + remi (SCL only)
x86_64 builder: Fedora 39 + rpmfusion + remi-test
aarch64 builder: RHEL 9 with EPEL
Hosting Server: CentOS 8 Stream with EPEL, rpmfusion, remi